[lbo-talk] The Right's Left Turn

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Oct 6 11:54:02 PDT 2005

Max:
> The common ground between libts and the left is significant, as long as
the
> US Gov pursues Empire and resorts to repression at home in support of its

By that logic, Bush has common grounds with the left because he fucked up the empire real good, and still continues fucking it as his recent SC nomination illustrates.

My beef with libertarians is their intellectual shallowness and dishonesty. They are dishonest because they call for individual responsibility yet what they practice is tax free ride, which is evasion of individual responsibility unless they want go back to the stone age and live in caves. They are shallow because they have nothing to say how complex systems work, they reduce all social relations to personal anecdotes, which is pretty much what tabloids do.

Wojtek