[lbo-talk] Black Panther on campus

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Oct 6 19:59:43 PDT 2005

I just got back from seeing and hearing Bobby Seale speak at UMKC. He spoke outside as part of Tent State University. It was unseasonably cold, but the students and the university made up for it by having lots of seats and an excellent sound system. It was a good audience--at least 300 and possibly 500.

Seale talked about his days as a Panther and related anecodotes and details that really brought that time and movement alive.

I'm impressed that a former Panther spoke on campus in the Midwest with no heckling or right wing counterprotest. The activist students at UMKC are doing awesome work.

Chuck