[lbo-talk] Middle Class

amadeus amadeus amadeus482000 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 09:37:05 PDT 2005

> I feel your pain over people fooling themselves with
> delusions and falling
> prey to elite machinations. That is terrible, but
> hey, such is life. That
> has always been the case since the beginning of
> recorded history, and it is
> unlikely to change any time soon. Many tried, but
> noone succeeded. Perhaps
> it is a part of the human nature. At the same time,
> the much more modest
> social democratic goals of creating prosperity
> through social safety nets
> did succeed - so I will stick with social democracy.
> You can keep your
> revolution.
>
> Wojtek

This is roughly analogous to saying that AIDS treatments have been successful, but no time and energy should be devoted to finding a cure. In about a decade (if not already), defenses of European social democracy are going to sound as anachronistic and ludicrous as 3rd-international communists and Maoists who continue to promote the examples of the Russian and Chinese revolutions as viable options in the 21st century.

--adx