[lbo-talk] Teamsters endorse Million Workers' Movement

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Sat Oct 8 06:29:30 PDT 2005

At a Million Worker March Movement meeting , I got a copy of the below on International Brotherhood of Teamsters' stationary.

Note : James Hoffa uses term "working class" in this letter.

Charles

^^^^

September 19,2005

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The Teamsters Union is fully supporting the Million Worker March Movement and their upcoming events in the Nation's Capital. We are making a financial contribution and encouraging members to attend the Millions More Movement from October 14-16 in Washington , D.C.

The Million Worker March Movement and the Teamsters Union share many goals, including reforming health care, and the pension system, as well as fighting for living wages for all Americans.

The current attack on workers have made the stakes for black workers in particular, and the working class in general, much higher than in years past. Events like this allow the Teamsters Union to forge new alliances as we address the crisis facing workers today.

We encourage you to participate in these worthy events.

Fraternally,

James P. Hoffa C. Thomas Keegel

General President General Secretary-Treasurer -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20051008/ffae58b5/attachment.htm>