[lbo-talk] What Does It Matter Who Is Speaking? Footnote

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 12:12:09 PDT 2005

there were elaborate
> Nazi laws (part of the Nuremberg Laws) and
> administrative regulations determining who in Nazi
> Germany was a Jew -- and for Germans that's a very
> serious matter

I realized this was ambiguous -- what I meant was, there being laws and administrative regulations was and is a very serious matter for Germans. Even Nazis! If you could prove your non-Jewishness under the Nuremberg laws, you were OK, despite having up to (I think it was) 1/16th Jewish ancestry.

Of course at the time whether someone was Jewish was a very serious matter too, although perhaps more for the Jews (since by the Nuremberg laws they ceased to be German citizens) than the goyishe aka "Aryan" Germans.

__________________________________ Yahoo! Music Unlimited Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/