[lbo-talk] Report from KPFA CAB meeting

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 14 13:10:09 PDT 2005

Joseph Wanzala wrote:

>There were also about 10 community members present.

Man, if that doesn't point to the problem with this notion of "community," I don't know what does. Ten people? If there were still phone booths around, you could hold the next meeting in one.

But the other problem is...what the fuck is this all about? I've been following Pacifica politics from a more-or-less inside position for the last 15 years, and none of this makes any sense to me. It's further inside than the proverbial inside baseball. And if I don't get it, how can anyone else be expected to get it? Who has the time to devote to all these minutiae? How do you have the time, Joe? Don't you have a job?

Doug