[lbo-talk] "four walls are three too many"

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 15 10:24:42 PDT 2005

FWIW I did a quick search on the Russian Internet for "four walls" and "Stalin" (or the Russian words for them rather) and came up with nothing. So I'm leaning toward the theory that either he didn't say it, or it's a very loose translation/reinterpretation of something he actually did say.

--- Mark Bennett <mab at straussandasher.com> wrote:

> > >It seems that few of the famous apothegms
> attributed to Stalin have
> > >been sourced with any certainty, including "the
> death of one man is a
>
> > >tragedy; the death a million men is a statistic"
> and "the Pope? How
> > >many divisions does he have?" Too bad: I hate
> using slogans I can't
> > >cite with confidence, and I really want to use
> this one in a bit I'm
> > >writing. Damn.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Yahoo! Music Unlimited Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/