[lbo-talk] Half Life of the Dems

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Sun Oct 16 14:07:40 PDT 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Redmond" <dredmond at efn.org>

Nathan wrote:
> It's just a ban on sales to minors, despite Dennis making it sound like a
> complete ban:
> http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ZDM/story?id=1195456
>
> As I said, how this is any different from R rated movies excluding minors
> without parental permission alludes me.

-To paraphrase a famous person, "Wake up, Mr. Newman... wake up and smell -the ashes... of the Empire."

Dennis- Come on. While I have mixed feelings about this law, my eminently leftwing feminist fiance who works on behalf of abused kids supports this kind of law without blinking.

You are equating pure libertarian rights for children with the anti-fascist struggle. The equation just doesn't work.

Nathan