[lbo-talk] Half Life of the Dems

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 20:38:38 PDT 2005

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ZDM/story?id=1195456

> > As I said, how this is any different from R rated
> movies excluding minors
> > without parental permission alludes me.

The movie ratings are a voluntary industry policy, not state action. Which is all the difference in the world, as you know. It means that you can't challenge the ratings policy under the First Amendment. That said, you are right that a policy tailored to ban sales to minors is far more likely to be sustained than a total ban, which would certainly be constitutionally infirm, as we say in the biz.

__________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page! http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs