[lbo-talk] in jail? get a call DG card or sumpin'!

Dick Grippon abe.initio at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 15:00:18 PDT 2005

so, those of you who may know the ways of the world better than i, might know: how do people in jail get your number? i just got an odd call. worried that some member of testosterone central might be in trouble, i accepted a collect call from the jail.

some guy says hello and calls me by my name. says, "i had your number on my cell phone and i was trying to figure out how i know you."

uh, yeah, right. i don't know him, but try to figure out how he got my number. when it was clear he wasn't giving it up, i told him i had to take care of the kid. told him i was old, boring, and ugly as sin, and, oh, no i didn't go out drinkin' here or in Massachusetts.

poor guy just wanted someone to talk to. i'm such a chump i might oblige if i had 1. time and 2. money.

so, anyway, how do you s'pose this guy got my number? it's on the web obviously. do they have web access? maybe a few of them do and then grab numbers of people these guys can call during their free time -- coz they're only allowed a certain amount of time to call,usually first thing in the a.m. around 9 and then after lockdown nappy nappy time, around 3-4. does one, perhaps, just skim through the phone book looking for women's names and then bring them back to his buds in jail? prolly.

just thort someone here might be wiser in the ways of the prison population than i.

(I also ask because this is, i kid you not, the 3rd time this has happened to me. The other two times were long ago.)

Also, attorneys are scum. the kid just got home from doing some yard work for one with his 2 million dollar home. they all sat around swimming and eating while he worked away to the point of nearly passing out from heat stroke. never offered him water or a bite to eat all day. ass.