[lbo-talk] Labour relations, Alberta style

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 16 18:07:28 PDT 2005

Break windows on a bus with a piece of wood; possession of a weapon for dangerous purposes. Try and run people off the highway as part of your management strategy; dangerous driving.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051014/brooks_strike051015/20051016?hub=Canada

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051015.wunions1015/BNStory/National/

I have no doubt whatsoever that the supine media in this province will make this into something that the union caused. The first efforts have been to justify the management actions by saying they were 'trying to serve court papers' . Right, senior managers acting like bailiffs.

You can only imagine the reaction had this been the other way around; the union would have been decertified by now and the union reps in the slammer. Doing anything remotely equivalent, like say, revoking Tyson's corporate charter in Alberta will not appear as a possibility here.

Alberta is sometimes labeled 'Texas North' we now appear to look more like Arkansas.

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo