[lbo-talk] Re: Posner, Schmitt, Strauss?

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Oct 17 04:44:59 PDT 2005

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:37:19 -0600 Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> writes:
> On 10/16/05, farmelantj at juno.com <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:What's
> with it with these right-wing jurists from left-wing backgrounds?
> Besides Posner, there is Judge Michael Boudin whose father was the
> left-wing attorney, Leonard Boudin, and who is the elder brother of
> former Weather Underground leader, Kathy Boudin. What made these
> people turn?
>
> Read the trashy psychobabble Susan Braudy book on the Boudin
> family.

I have read that book. Braudy claims that Michael was the favored child of Lenny with Lenny pulling all sorts of strings to bolster the son's legal career including his attainment of a Federal judgeship. Braudy claims that his sister, Kathy, opted for far left activism in an attempt to win her dad's approval. However, I don't recall Braudy ever giving much of an explanation as to why Michael became a right-winger.