[lbo-talk] the 50-word story

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 06:39:25 PDT 2005

> Well, I'll never forget in my senior yr. at UCSC
> in a great class
> taught by Wally Goldfrank, . . . a fellow
> senior asked, "What is this Berlin Wall
> you are talking about?"

I once had a student ask me, "If there was a World War II, there must have been a World War I, right? What was that?"

But then I know highly intelligent, educated, politically active people who in the 1980s did not know how many Vietnams there were -- they thought there were still two. ("Just one,I said -- that was what the war was about.")

__________________________________ Yahoo! Music Unlimited Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/