[lbo-talk] the 50-word story

Michael Hirsch mmh655 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:50:50 PDT 2005

Joanna:

Dumping on students? I was explaining why I quit teaching. You might have a case if I stayed around and griped; I didn't. I got out. I never looked back, even when I discovered that I'd lost the three most salient reasons to stay in academia: June, July and August.

For academics who are teachers first, more power to them. It wasn't me, and I found out when I was still young enough to change careers.

Fini

Mike Hirsch