[lbo-talk] Cheney Resignation Rumors Fly

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Oct 19 11:04:03 PDT 2005

ravi wrote:

> Huh? Joanna is not criticizing her for being a woman, but for being an
> anorexic model-wanna-be ... a destructive thing for girls. Surely such
> criticisms are not mutually exclusive?

Come now, "anorexic model-wanna-be" is a phrase which never has and never will be used of a man. And incidentally, I object to anyone being attacked (not criticized, rudely attacked) for suffering an illness. Anorexia is an illness, and calling someone an anorexic is in the same showring with laughing at cripples.

Carrol