[lbo-talk] Bird flu pandemic

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 24 09:16:12 PDT 2005

Wojtek:

---------------------- Yes, that's the real issue - whether population controls are just too porous. What can you do? - patrol every outport and roadblock every rural dirt road and city street? Still, if this turns out to be as large a pandemic as some fear, I can foresee mass panic and local organizations forming spontaneously to - DO SOMETHING!!! - and, as with terrorism fears, governments will probably deploy the military for demonstration purposes, regardless of its effectiveness and economic impact.