[lbo-talk] Bankruptcy attack?

Gary? slade.g at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 17:03:56 PDT 2005

On 10/28/05, Mark Bennett <mab at straussandasher.com> wrote:
> Well, this might be the simplistic view, but GM's and Ford's products
> suck. It has been this way for so long that it has become an article of
> faith among consumers. Except for SUVs and fleet sales, they can hardly
> give the things away. Watching the World Series I saw an ad for
> Mercury's new SUV (it looked like a piece of rubbish) I thought
> "Mercury? They still make Mercurys?" It sounded as archaic as an ad for
> Packard or LaSalle.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/13007003.htm US autos better than European ?

Consumer Reports, the influential nonprofit product-test magazine, sees the same trend.

"Domestic manufacturers are now in second place behind the Japanese," spokesman Doug Love said. "European manufacturers currently are in third."

The magazine's editors reported Wednesday that for the second straight year, no European model had made its most-reliable list, which Japanese entries continue to dominate. Two American entries, the Chevy Monte Carlo and Mercury Mariner, made it.

Gary? ride si sapis