[lbo-talk] horse's mouth

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 08:41:23 PDT 2005

Chris is right on this. Working at RIA Novosti, I can and do attend press conferences (there are many everyday). Most are actually kinda choatic. It is not always clear what is really said. People are takling among themselves, the sound system carrying voices doesn't always work, lots of digression, lots of interjections, etc. Every transcript prepared after the fact rarely is a good representation of what actually happened or what was said.