[lbo-talk] Familiar with The Week?

Mark Bennett mab at straussandasher.com
Sun Oct 30 13:52:37 PST 2005

Rubbish. It's basically a cut and paste job in which items from other media sources are paraphrased and quoted, usually three per subject. Ideologically, I suppose it ranges from the Times to the National Review/Weekly Standard right, with the occasional Nation or Mother Jones piece tossed in for "balance". It provides no information at all regarding any important issue or story; at best, it simply and briefly rehashes what someone else said about the issue or story.

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Tommy Kelly Sent: Sun 10/30/2005 11:30 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] Familiar with The Week?

Is anyone familiar with The Week magazine? Is it the kind of magazine that leans heavily toward a specific ideology? I have not found an issue yet, but was considering subscribing to it.