[lbo-talk] None dare call it conspiracy

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Oct 31 11:51:38 PST 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Michael Pollak wrote:

> The one thing in this that really reminds of Watergate is how the thing
> they got for they didn't even have to do. Nixon didn't need that burglary
> to beat McGovern. And they didn't need to do this.

Although if the other McGovern, Ray McGovern of VIPS -- Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity -- is right about the "hundred" guys who could have come out to join Wilson and didn't, maybe they did:

October 20, 2005

Cheney's Chickens Come Home to Roost

by Ray McGovern

<snip>

I asked Wilson when he intended to go public; in a couple of weeks, was

the answer.

Wilson then turned dead serious and, with considerable emphasis, told

me the White House had already launched a full-court press in an

effort to dredge up dirt on him. He added, "When I do speak out, they

are going to go after me big time. I don't know the precise nature the

retaliation will take, but I can tell you now it will be swift and

vindictive. They cannot afford to have people thinking they can escape

unscathed if they spill the beans on the dishonesty undergirding this

war." (Sad to say, the White House approach has worked. There are

perhaps a hundred of my former CIA colleagues who know about the lies;

none not one has been able to summon the courage to go public.)

<end excerpt>

Michael