[lbo-talk] None dare call it conspiracy

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 31 12:32:42 PST 2005

Michael Pollak wrote:

> Unlike other people, I like the fact that Libby is been indicted for lying
> rather than for outing an agent. Lying is the soul of what's evil with
> these people.

No. I strongly disagree. Lying is _never_ the soul/core/whatever of _any_ evil by _anyone_. Surely this administration has not produced more lies per month than the administrations of Wilson, Kennedy, Johnson, or Nixon. If lying is their greatest sin, then all of our complaints are pretty pointless.

They continued Clinton's policy in Iraq! And Clinton's policy was merely an extension of the Eisenhower policy in Iran and the Carter policy in Afghanistan.

Catching them in lies will (MAYBE) make a 3% difference in the vote in 2006 and a 2.5% difference in 2008. Pretty small potatoes, And it won't cut down the lying (in this administration or the next three or four) by so much as a lie a month.

To complain about their lies is the same as objecting to a serial killer not keeping his lawn mowed. Geez!

Carrol