[lbo-talk] lbo, a den of right-wingers?

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Sep 1 07:41:37 PDT 2005

Creativity and thuggishness are not "contradictories" , are they ? The fascists were in the "great" tradition of Alexander. Capitalism is essentially creative thuggishness, creative destruction. Hitler was an artist. Reagan was an artist.

Charles

^^^^^^

andie nachgeborenen: Unfortunately for the creative fascists, the thug ones stole the name. Many people think the same thing happened with the Communists.

There were a handful of genuine fascists (Nazi variety) of the thug variety, the mentioned Ernst Junger aside (well worth reading!), who were really creative by the highest standard. Heidegger. Carl Schmitt. Leni Riefenstahl, unless you believe her Sergeant Schulz story. (That she wasn't an ideologue.) Then there was Celine, but I don't know whether he was a real fascist or just a total misanthrope. He doesn't seem to have hated the Jews especially, at least not more than he hated everyone else.