[lbo-talk] Rogue N.O. cops

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Thu Sep 1 12:13:19 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----

>From a N.O. blogger, hanging on by his fingernails:

I've been following that guy's weblog, and I would not do business with the company that hired him.

Why? Instead of doing what sensible web-hosting (it's not an ISP, by the way) companies do (establish a disaster recovery site somewhere else), they hired a childhood buddy of the CEO to be their crisis manager. When the crisis hit, instead of shifting operations elsewhere, they dropped this guy in to run business as usual, sucking up resources that could be going to disaster relief.

Talk about pinching pennies! The most cost-conscious corporations in the world have remote DR sites, and spend what it takes to make them operable. These people, on the other hand...

Thanks,

John A

see me fulminate at http://www.jzip.org/