[lbo-talk] NO: Heart-warming tales of selflessness

Simon Huxtable jetfromgladiators at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 08:38:44 PDT 2005

>From Gawker:

People say there’s never any shared sacrifice in Bush’s America. That’s not true. Consider the sad plight of Martha Jane Tassin, a Baton Rouge city council member, who now has relatives from New Orleans staying with her:

' Things like ice, rarely given a thought before the family invasion, are now in short order. For the time being, Ms. Tassin and her guests have limited themselves to one cube for each glass of water. "It’s going to be a long haul," she said. "Everyone is sacrificing in lots of ways." '

(see NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/02/national/nationalspecial/02stranded.html)

Simon

Last night when we went for pizza I only had one piece and I kicked in ten pounds. That's why I hate going out with those guys. How many pieces did you have? Well, ask yourself who didn't put money in? Right. That's how it always is with them.

___________________________________________________________ How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com