[lbo-talk] Waiting for a Leader / Genocide

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Sep 2 10:37:08 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> > Even Scarborough was fulminating about how fucked up things were.
> Olberman had Al Sharpton on to talk about race and class. I'm sure
> the normal regime of ideolgoical bullshit will return, but this an
> interesting rupture.

Speculation. Much of the commentary was live and not subject to editorial decisions "at leisure." Hence what the reporter (or those at the desk at that moment) decided to put on, went on. And probably the reporters and even many of the desk people are (shall we say) more human than their bosses.

Carrol