[lbo-talk] looted vs found

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Sep 2 17:52:10 PDT 2005

>> I swear, this is beyond a joke - the richest country in the world
>> is letting its own people starve and die.
>
> Hey, the Mississippi delta was always our own little piece of the
> Third World. No one in power really give a fuck about 'em.

Yeah, I was gonna say two things:

- New Orleans, outside of the 12 square blocks of Disneyland, has always reminded me of pictures I've seen of Haiti.

- The richest country in the world has been letting their own people starve and die in that city for decades; the difference now is that it's on TV.

Cynicism of the week: I overheard someone say "Well, there's a lot of homeless poor people down there now; maybe we'll see an uptick in Army recruitment ..."

/jordan