[lbo-talk] Help for transcribing NOLA scanners/ interdictor

lbo at inkworkswell.com lbo at inkworkswell.com
Sat Sep 3 07:25:43 PDT 2005

Forwarded from the very creative and self-sacrificing B.K. DeLong who has decided to donate two weeks of time to the Red Cross. If you didn't catch it, I forwarded a post from BK, who has talked about creating a way to form trust networks in order to make more sensible the process of offering people homes. We plan on doing the same -- offering someone a place to live if they have family in the area or find a job in the area and need a place to crash for awhile. Check out his blog for details.

And, if you're frustrated and want to do more than send money, here. I've got to put a bid together and mock up three book covers by Monday evening for a potential gig and i just found a bunch of mail that got diverted to my junk mail box (so sorry for not responding!), but I'm going to carve out some time to help.

---------

Hey all -

If anyone's bored on a Sat/Sun/Mon or has some free time and quick fingers.....we can use help on irc.freenode.net in #nola-intel-help.

We've got a set of channels for transcribing scanner audio and helping out the #interdictor folks.

We can also use Ops Managers for recruiting transcribers, giving people +v in the various channels, updating the Wiki and recruiting other Ops Managers.

Check this page out for details: http://wiki.nola-intel.org/index.php?title=Transcribing

and PLEASE SPREAD THIS AROUND.

-- B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com +1.617.797.2472

http://bkdelong.mit.edu Work. http://www.brain-stream.com Play. http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org Potter. http://www.city-of-doors.com Sigil. http://www.hackerfoundation.org Future. http://www.osvdb.org/ Security. http://www.wkdelong.org Son.

PGP Fingerprint: 38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5 A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF: http://foaf.brain-stream.org

When you need to communicate, Ink Works! http://www.inkworkswell.com +1 (727) 942-9255