[lbo-talk] bush and zero tolerance

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sun Sep 4 14:33:41 PDT 2005

From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>

> that ABC/WP poll

This is going to take some time to sink in. What's going to happen is that, when the National Guard gets back, they're going to be telling people what they saw. It won't hurt any if people in local communities get to spend time with the displaced citizens (I agree with those who are pointing out that "refugee" is a racially-loaded term--"displaced citizens" is my substitute) and hear their stories. Local reporters will eat it up, as well.

I expect we'll see a shift. It's just going to take a little while.

> I wonder if they're going to diss the MSM for being too liberal.

It'll help (okay, only a little) if you don't disscribe (diss-scribe? dis-scribe? de-scribe? The language poets would love this) the press by the orwellian grunt its right-wing critics use to bash it.

Thanks,

John A

see me fulminate at http://www.jzip.org/