[lbo-talk] poll: 45% of Americans have their heads hopelessly wedged up their asses

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 5 13:52:44 PDT 2005

> It's also a first read. No doubt there will be lots more polling to
> come - with larger samples, and with more thought-out opinions. But
> given the magnitude of the federal fuck-up, the numbers should have
> been lopsided. They're not. And I wouldn't be surprised to see the
> right conclude from this: see, you can't trust the feds to do
> anything right. Privatize disaster relief!
>
> Doug

Wasn't this the stated goal from 2001 onward, to privatize most of FEMA's essential services? FEMA had to handle FL last year better than LA this year or they would have risked losing FL in the election. You can bet this will accelerate calls to privatize more disaster relief govt. functions so they can enjoy market efficiencies too.

John Thornton