[lbo-talk] Chertoff: "Katrina Scenario Did Not Exist"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Sep 4 14:35:07 PDT 2005

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>I know Chertoff slightly. I think he's being honest. I
>doh't think he'd tell what he thought to be a lie if
>prompted ina briefing. He was, among other things, a
>(really good) US Attorney and a federal appellate
>judge, two things that give one an allergy to bald
>faced lying.

Justin, what he's saying just isn't credible. Precisely what happened in NO was widely forecast. FEMA had to have known it. How could he say that they had no idea of the suffering in the convention center when it had been all over the TV for days? If he's not lying, he's an idiot, and you can't be an idiot and be a US attorney, can you?

Doug