[lbo-talk] Two from the morning news

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 08:42:47 PDT 2005

On Monday, September 05, 2005 8:22 AM [PDT], B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> One of the strangest arguments I have heard from the
> right is that Bush's hands were tied because he did
> not have control over the National Guard like he
> "needed to" (again, a blame-shift to local, mostly
> Democrat, politicians and away from the Idiot
> Man-Child, who must be protected and sheltered from
> mean accusing people at all costs). So -- how did 1/3
> of the Nat'l Guard get into Iraq? Did the governors
> send the National Guard there? How does he have
> control in one instance, but his hands are
> unfortunately tied in the next?

The governor needs to agree in either case.

They signed off on it for it coalition backup and I'm not sure that any refused. The politics must be murderous if you do.

Gov. Blanco want to keep control of the resources(paraphrase), and a native son who just happens to be the person in charge agrees...

If GWB concedes the issue we'll never hear about it again, but I'm sure they'll get to work on fucking up that part of the Constitution as well.

Leigh www.leighm.net