[lbo-talk] The Note: Bush won yesterday's news cycle

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Sep 8 09:44:09 PDT 2005

[remember that The Note often offers tomorrow's conventional wisdom today]

<http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/TheNote/story?id=156238>

We suggested in Wednesday's Note that you should score along with us at home to decide who won the Katrina political news cycle.

We hate to be backward looking, but one must know who won yesterday to figure out who has momentum for today.

The President is still in a heap o' political trouble, the facts on the ground are still hideous, and Mr. Bush still hasn't found his footing or his voice on this story, but his side clearly won the last news cycle in raw political terms.

[...]