[lbo-talk] Friedman not running for president

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:58:55 PDT 2005

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Here's some good news: Thomas Friedman isn't running for president.

Just saw something seen as often as an ivory-billed woodpecker -- a moment of eloquence in a TLF column. Writing yesterday about the impact of Katrina, TLF said: " ... Bush-Cheney ... seem exactly the wrong guys to deal with Katrina - and all the rot and misplaced priorities it's exposed here at home. These are people so much better at inflicting pain than feeling it, so much better at taking things apart than putting them together, so much better at defending 'intelligent design' as a theology than practicing it as a policy."

>http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/07/opinion/07friedman.html?n=Top%2fOpinion%2fEditorials%20and%20Op%2dEd%2fOp%2dEd%2fColumnists%2fThomas%20L%20Friedman>

>><http://www.fortune.com/fortune/print/0,15935,1100908,00.html>
>>
>>... Tom Friedman vs. Walter Lippmann: "Lippmann was the voice of what came
>>to be known as the American Century; Friedman aspires to a similar role in
>>what you might call the Global Century."

Great, I look forward to TLF doing the voiceover in any remake of TV's "The Untouchables."

Carl