[lbo-talk] Fwd: knock it off

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Sep 9 07:38:09 PDT 2005

[Kelley writes...]

Doug,

Please send this to the list or to them individually or something. If you think it will make things worse, keep it to yourself.

Would everyone just knock it off. Michael, I don't have any problem with criticism but could you make them cogent and readable? Could you just stop fighting about stuff that no one cares about?

I have been, thank dog, sheltered from the pointless bickering because no one I've ever worked with ever made known that they cared about, uh, water under -- or over -- the bridge. Move the fuck on.

And if MP can't stop, could everyone who feels the need to attack him just knock it off? It is selfish. Lacny? C Senior? What's the point? You call what Pug does sectarianism. Whatever it is, it is pointless to respond to someone who isn't going to listen to you and those who do-- they weren't going to listen anyway.

What's at stake if you just ignore him? Same for you MP: just ignore people.

You think I was impressed by the Web site you sent in response to my post? I was not. It was just another uninformative, useless post that ground some axe at the expense of actually engaging me in a conversation _or_ reading what I actually wrote.

Do you think you're educating me? Who do you think you're educating this way?

Here's a klew to all the people who'd rather bicker over things that are really about this other stupid ass sectarian war that most of us care nothing about -- and yes, as far as I'm concerned, all of you in this petty little argument are sectarians -- it doesn't work on me. It has made me throw up my hands and leave this list, a list I've belonged to since it was born and from which I have NEVER unsubbed.

This does not mean that I don't respect, otherwise, all of you who've engaged in petty, bickering. I do. You all have interesting things to say and I love the diversity of this list. But if you think this endless axe grinding does anything but make you look foolish and make people want to leave the left in despair, you are wrong.

At the very leat, give a crap about the people who read the archives. Realize that, as you continue to do this, they will simply NOT read your posts. If you want to reach people, this ain't working.

And this is for all of you. Not just MP. As you must know by now, MP's my friend. The last time I said anything, I got notes from people sliming MP. I was NOT impressed by that 7th grade behavior either.

Kelley

"Finish your beer. There are sober kids in India."

-- rwmartin