[lbo-talk] Chavez to Speak in NYC's Riverside Church on Sep. 16th

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Sep 9 15:21:11 PDT 2005

Cseniornyc at aol.com wrote:

>Since the announcement of a talk by a respected world democratic
>left leader has caused such a controversy among diverse members of
>the list and even outright neo-con type of tirades from some, I
>apologize for it and promise I'll refrain for doing so again. I'll
>utilize other more left-friendly outlets for it.

What are you talking about? Why do you have to pick fights? Why do you have to denounce your opponents as right-wingers?

Is Chavez above criticism? As I'm sure you know, there are leftists in Venezuela that are critical of Chavez for a number of reasons - does that make them neocons too?

Isn't it awkward walking around with such a huge chip on your shoulder?

Doug