[lbo-talk] Jerry Lewis as worst-case scenario [wasRe:PrivateHateMail Gang Up]

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Sep 10 11:38:01 PDT 2005

> Jerry Lewis is an asshole. His father lived in the same building as my
> pharmacist. The pharmacist told me he would come over and verbally abuse
> his father -- scream at him, act like the tyrant he is. So Carl is right
> on this one.
>
> Marta

I've no doubt about that. His biographer Shawn Levy shows what an asshole and prick Lewis was throughout his life and career (including several nasty personal encounters with Levy). I was talking about his comedy, his craft. Lots of comics or artists are utterly depraved individuals. Is that how you judge their work, whether or not they kick their cat or yell at their father?

Dennis