[lbo-talk] Jerry Lewis as worst-case scenario [wasRe:PrivateHateMail Gang Up]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 10 12:41:09 PDT 2005

Marta Russell wrote:

> Jerry Lewis is an asshole. His father lived in the same building as
> my pharmacist. The pharmacist told me he would come over and
> verbally abuse his father -- scream at him, act like the tyrant he
> is. So Carl is right on this one.

I never watched Lewis much, so I have no opinion on his talent as a comedian. But it would be quite possible for a complete asshole to be a very great comecian or poet or dramatist or painter. In fact quite a few great artists (well worth reading, viewing, listening) have been assholes. So Marta's argument does not touch on the argument between Carl & Dennis. She and Dennis could both be right. The topics simply don't overlap.

Carrol