[lbo-talk] Private Hate Mail Gang Up

Etienne tim_boetie at fastmail.fm
Sat Sep 10 14:54:11 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 04:47 +1000, Catherine Driscoll wrote:
> it per se. Unless some group has decided Waterloo actually has musical
> qualities that should be appreciated in and of themselves, and I haven't seen
> that anywhere.

'Waterloo', perhaps not - but the non-ironic Abba revival is in full flow:

http://k-punk.abstractdynamics.org/archives/002681.html

"Thing is, Abba wrote real love songs. In most Pop, 'love' is a code for infatuation or sex or some combination of the two. With Abba, we were dealing with emotions that had simmered and accreted for years. Like Roxy Music, they were both confidently post-adolescent and thorougly modern. There was no question of their pretending to be teenagers or pursuing a teenage market."

--

The first task of a philosophy is to expel | Tim

things from consciousness and establish | http://huh.34sp.com/

its proper relationship with the world. |