[lbo-talk] Body Count Politics

Chuck lbo at hvgreens.org
Sun Sep 11 10:25:05 PDT 2005

Has anyone noticed how the press has been downplaying the death estimates from New Orleans? The official count as of 9/11 is 154. Given the Bush administrations manipulation of data in the past (the downplaying of the asbestos threat after 9/11/2001, for example) how are we to ever believe any numbers that come from government agencies? How many bodies will be disappeared on the grounds that it is not hygenic to keep rotting corpses around. This administration has a real poor record when it comes to discussing the facts with citizens. I fear we will have to wait for years for the true facts to be known and when we do learn the facts, it will be clear things are much worse than anyone would have guessed.

Chuck