[lbo-talk] black vote

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Sep 11 14:19:12 PDT 2005

Nathan Newman wrote:

> No-- I mean just as Bush ignores reality to reinforce Republican rule, so
> does Chuck ignore reality to reinforce Republican rule.
>
> Movement building does not create "alternatives", since that puts the
> organizer in some god-like position of bringing new forces into play.
> Movement building is about expanding the effectiveness of existing forces
> through coordination.
>
> But Chuck is an anti-coordinator; he glorifies individualistic action at the
> expense of coordinated action and message. That's not movement building,
> just media propaganda.

Hmmmm, I guess that now that Nathan has insulted me twice this weekend I had better take the bait.

Pretty heated discussions on LBO list for a weekend, no?

I will admit that Nathan is absolutely correct. I am a rugged individualist and anti-coordinator who has spent the weekend watching football.

BTW, the Chiefs just won their first game. I didn't watch it, but the NFL is big here in Kansas City.

Nathan's characterization of me is just plain silly. I'm an anarchist who is opposed to representative politics. Nathan should know that. I've spent much of the last 20 years of my life building an alternative to politics as usual, or, capitalism as usual. From where I sit, I'm pretty happy with my accomplishments.

Here's how I really spent my weekend: I've been busy doing software upgrades to my website, but I've also been very busy organizing alternative hurricane relief. For the past several days I've been providing home communications and information support to a growing network of activists who are providing relief in and around New Orleans, or are on their way to the area. Yesterday I helped exchange information about medical stuff between medics working in Algiers and medics on their way to N.O. There are two caravans of radical medics and activists on their way to Algiers from the East and West Coasts. I've also been busy doing outreach, fundraising, networking and more for these efforts. I've been organizing and networking with the radical librarians, street medics, activists, and techies. This morning I exchanged emails with somebody in New York who was looking for a way to get computers down to Algiers.

I could go on and on, but let's stick to the arguments and refrain from the personal criticism and attacks.

Chuck0