[lbo-talk] public transportation [was: Private Hate Mail Gang Up]

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Sep 12 09:12:28 PDT 2005

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>As a matter of fact, Greyhound and affiliated companies buses do smell of
>urine when their toilets are not maintained properly. Been there, smelled
>that. They also run a very lousy and unreliable service - again, based on
>my personal observation.

And then there's a story from a friend of my sister-in-law, who, finding the Boston-NY Chinatown bus sold out, went over to South Station to hop a 'hound. Along the way, the bus driver pulled over and announced "Somebody's smoking crack. I know what crack smells like, and somebody's smoking it." No one owned up. He called the cops, who searched the bus and found no crack. Total delay: about 3 hours.

Doug