[lbo-talk] Greyhound [was: public transportation [was: Private Hate Mail Gang Up]

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Sep 12 13:37:39 PDT 2005

Doug:
> And then there's a story from a friend of my sister-in-law, who,
> finding the Boston-NY Chinatown bus sold out, went over to South
> Station to hop a 'hound. Along the way, the bus driver pulled over
> and announced "Somebody's smoking crack. I know what crack smells
> like, and somebody's smoking it." No one owned up. He called the
> cops, who searched the bus and found no crack. Total delay: about 3
> hours.

A few weeks ago I was taking a Greyhound bus from Baltimore to Harrisburg, PA. About 30 or so minutes after departing from Baltimore Travel Plaza, the driver suddenly got off the interstate and returned to the Travel Plaza, where he pickup up somebody who appeared as his buddy. As a result we were about 1 hour late - but not a word of explanation was uttered.

Wojtek