[lbo-talk] Re: NYC Primary

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 12 17:37:28 PDT 2005

Dear List:

Liza writes:

> And, I agree with all the objections that have been
raised here to Bloomberg, on gay marriage (though I don't think he's a homophobe - just politically triangulating in a Clintonesque way)

And the distinction here is? If you commit homophobic acts, you are a homophobe.

> But my question is, which of these Democrats running
against him would do a better job running the city?

Would any of them do it noticeably worse?

> There's been little corruption in his administration, and
everyone I know who follows the city mechanism closely agrees the thing is working pretty smoothly, even if they don't agree with every policy.

The trains run on time, so forget policy and equality?

> That seems important in a time when the Heritage
Foundation's ideas about government are almost mainstream

And all they want is business men as elected officials. Voting for Bloomberg is an endorsement of the Heritage Foundation's philosophy.

> Still seeking a reason to vote for one of them and
haven't heard one...

They support equality for gay and lesbian citizens. We are not second class to them. Equality is the basis of any fair government. Bloomberg doesn't believe in this. What more does a progressive need?

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister