[lbo-talk] Kuwait to offer $500 mn oil aid to US hurricane victims

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Tue Sep 13 14:22:55 PDT 2005

People's Daily Online

World

September 05, 2005

Kuwaiti to offer oil aid to US hurricane victims

Kuwait will aid US hurricane victims with 500 million dollars in oil products, Minister of Energy Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah said on Sunday.

Sheikh Ahmad said in a statement, carried by the official KUNA news agency, that the aid is in the form of oil derivatives and some other humanitarian assistance needed by the victims.

He voiced solidarity of the Kuwaiti people with the US people, saying this is an opportunity to "express faithfulness to our friends and allies who stood on our side in difficult times."

Source: Xinhua

Copyright by People's Daily Online, all rights reserved