[lbo-talk] racial divide

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:34:01 PDT 2005

> Gary? wrote:
>
> >is this our own blindspot, we are shocked because we don't expect these views.
> >Are we just as blinkered, just as removed from reality ?
>
> I'll plead guilty to this: I live in New York and most of my friends
> are left of center to some degree or other (though CSenior says my
> borough of residence blinds me to the really groovy leftwing stuff
> going on in the world). So I don't get much white ressentiment in my
> life.

, "How could this have happened! All my friends voted for McGovern!"

Paulene Kael, Nov. 4th, 1972.

-- Michael Pugliese, who in the mock Pres. election in the 6th grade in '72, was one of two, in a class of thirty or so, who voted for McGovern. Our neighborhood was almost entirely Nixon and George Wallace country, though Montgomery County, MD. where I grew up was liberal. McGovern won the C.D. there and Jerry Brown won the '76 primary.