[lbo-talk] Re: BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Judge declares Pledgeunconstitutional

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Sep 15 10:36:23 PDT 2005

BklynMagus wrote:

> I would think that such treatment would be a goal
> of all leftists, but then "leftists" always have a way
> of surprising me.

I agree completely with you, though I frown on the sloppy habit of immeidately generalizeing to "leftists" ac omplaint with particular leftists.

Feminists don't divide the working class. Sexist workers divide the working class.

Gays & Lesbians don't divide the working class; heterosexist workers divide the working class.

Demands for civil rights (I dislike the term "human rights") don't divide the working class; unions that don't demand such rights (e.g., elimination of "under god" from the pledge) divide the working class.

Attacking racism (even minor expressions of it) does not divide the working class; workers' failure to support such attacks divides the working class.

Carrol