[lbo-talk] Hitchens Reviews "Darkness At Noon"

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Sep 16 16:17:17 PDT 2005

> I'm a fan of alcohol myself, so this is not coming from some temperance
> type. But Hitchens drinks enormous amounts of booze. Monumental. I really
> think it's damaged his brain. It's not a moral issue, it's a physiological
> one.
>
> Doug

Lord knows I enjoy my toxins (or do they enjoy me?), and I've long steered clear of bashing Hitch over booze. But I agree with Doug. I've been there. I've seen it. I think it's now part of the critique.

Speaking of which, here's my take on the Big Debate:

<http://redstateson.blogspot.com/2005/09/lower-still.html>

Dennis