[lbo-talk] Hitchens Reviews "Darkness At Noon"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Sep 16 16:35:17 PDT 2005

Dennis Perrin wrote:

>Speaking of which, here's my take on the Big Debate:
>
><http://redstateson.blogspot.com/2005/09/lower-still.html>

Nice piece, as usual. Just one quibble - you say:

>Galloway does nothing for me, no matter what he says about Iraq or
>Bush or even Hitchens. He seems utterly full of himself and must be
>insufferable to be around for more than 10 minutes.

I spent about 30 minutes yesterday interviewing him - not sure yet when I'll run it - but I found him very likeable one-on-one. At one point, he refined an answer "because we're having a serious conversation." I got the feeling he sees a public performance as something different from a "serious conversation."

Doug