[lbo-talk] the other Times does Hitch v Galloway

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Sep 16 18:43:56 PDT 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Dennis Perrin wrote:

>> Dennis Perrin might be able to give more details, but Hitch is getting
>> rather creative about his stance in 1991.
>
> Creative would be an improvement. H lies about '91, and he's fully aware
> of this.

To be fair to Hitchens, at least in the Galloway debate (which I just listened to) he seems to own up to it fairly directly. He says it's no secret that he opposed the 1991 war, and there's no discordance: he has simply decided he was wrong then. (It's at the very beginning of segment 3: http://kpftx.org/#galloway)

BTW, did they ever explain why this thing was an hour and a half late? You poor guys who went in person.

Michael