[lbo-talk] Re: Contemporary forms of female self-objectification

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 17 18:02:39 PDT 2005

Dear List:

Marvin writes:

> A much more muted and benign form of self-objectification
is the tendency of many progressive feminists to wear lipstick, perfume, and dye their hair. Now I will quickly put on my helmet, because whenever Walker (yes, her first name) and I have chided left-wing women friends about this, the brickbats have quickly rained down on us.

And rightly so. My husband is a progressive feminist,and if he misses his weekly trip to the MAC counter at Henri Bendel they call to see if he is okay.

We have both dyed out hair, and I get a manicure/pedicure every two weeks. TJ likes to grow his nails out.

I am really shocked Marvin. I have learned so much from your posts up until now.

Let fabulousness reigh supreme!! MAC for all workers!!

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister